WHY FOLLOW A CAREER MDA?
Leaders in the Engineering and Automation Fields
Established in 1994, MDA has established itself as a market leader in Electrical Engineering for Plant and Process in Southern Africa.
MDA has entered into partnerships with global role players to forge ahead of its competitors.
Work locally and abroad and be hands-on with the latest innovations.
Work under supervision of Heads of Department with major experience in their respective fields.
Please send your full CV along with copies of your academic records to email@example.com. If no response has been received within two weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The ideal candidate will have several responsibilities.
These include, and are not limited to, the following items:
- Reading blueprints and drawings and taking measurements to plan layout and procedures
- Determining the appropriate welding equipment or method based on requirements
- Setting up components for welding according to specifications (e.g. cut material with powered saws to match measurements)
- Operate angle grinders to prepare the parts that must be welded
- Correct understanding of measuring tools
- Weld components using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (vertical, horizontal or overhead)
- Test and inspect welded surfaces and structure to discover flaws
- Maintain workshop equipment in a condition that does not compromise safety
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Work involves use of hand and power tools
- General mechanical skills required petrol & diesel engines
- Proven experience as welder (5 to 10 years)
- Experience using a variety of welding equipment and procedures (TIG, MIG etc.)
- Experience in using electrical or manual tools (angle grinders, drills, etc.)
- Professional Certification will be beneficial (e.g. an AWS welding certificate)
- Experience in container conversions.
Additional Skills required
- Spray-painting, low & High pressure, airless equipment.
- Knowledge of relative safety standards and willingness to use protective clothing (face-shield, gloves etc.)
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in English
The ideal candidate will have previous Panel Wiring experience or have a manufacturing/production background. The day to day responsibilities for this role involve panel wiring and assisting in test and commissioning.
- Must have the ability to think logically,
- Be able to work from schematic drawings
- Have good communication skills
The job role will include:
- Working from schematic drawings
- Numbering and crimping cables
- Fault finding
- Correct safe use of hand tools.